Forum:Item article naming
Forum index > Item article naming
There are quite a few items of varying quality that have the same name like Frilled Leatheris Pants. Schematics do the same thing when you reverse engineer an item and learn the upgraded schematic. How do we want to handle the naming of these articles? Do we use the base name on the lowest quality item and disambig the names of the rest with the appropriate quality? Or do we disambig them all and have a base article linking to the others? -- 08:05, 18 December 2011 (UTC)
- I would prefer using the base name on the lowest quality item and and a disambig on the rest. It's a bit of a hassle, but I think it will be the best approach, and the base item is what the vast majority of people are going to be exposed to.
- I've a similar question: when an item in game uses brackets ([ ]) how do we want to represent that in the article name? When I added this morning, I simply turned the brackets into parentheses. Is there any way to utilize brackets in an article title? -- Heaven's Agent 14:24, 18 December 2011 (UTC)
- I'll go with that method then. It doesn't look like there's a way to add brackets to an article name, even with ascii code. I guess we'll just have to go with parentheses. -- 19:32, 18 December 2011 (UTC)
- If anybody is interested in doing this, I have a guildy who has put together (work in progress) a spreadsheet for Armstech, of which we can start making at least some kind of outline for these items (DH database doesn't seem to have many of the RE schematics). None of the states are listed yet, and only the items' category and quality is discernible from the spreadsheet, but I'm sure somebody browsing will add it in, or we can get them from DH eventually. -- 01:44, 20 December 2011 (UTC)
- I would rather the information be added as someone encounters it in the game. This is just my opinion, and others may differ. A general data import from the DB is one thing, as it is expected to be somewhat inaccurate and clunky. Articles added by an actual contributor, however, should not be. Its the contributor edits that are supposed to correct the errors, not add more. Additionally, I've concerns with taking the work of someone else and incorporating it here ourselves. If you would like to invite your guildy to add these articles himself or herself, however, the help would of course be much appreciated. -- Heaven's Agent 06:21, 20 December 2011 (UTC)