Forum:Image renaming / User permissions
Forum index > Image renaming / User permissions
Hi there, Is it possible to get the "Image move/rename" permissions? One of the most frequently issue I have is the image move (Forget to put "codex" at the end of the file, ...). I've finish my tests with coordstooltip (on my own wiki), and will soon have to move/rename a lot of maps file. Zophar 09:31, 11 April 2012 (UTC)
- Generally we don't want to rename files that are pulled from the client. They're given an identifiable name by the developers, a title, and fairuse policy dictates we respect that. As for image renaming in general, I'm not sure how to add those permissions to a user account. Perhaps Wyn or someone else will be able to help. -- Heaven's Agent 12:17, 11 April 2012 (UTC)
- First of all I don't want to put mess in the naming of files. It's because the coordstooltip is waiting for a file name like "xxxx_map.jpg" and some maps are now not correctly set. To solve this kind of permissions you could add another "level" of permissions between admin and user, like "ninja"... With file move rights (and other future things if needed). Zophar 12:39, 11 April 2012 (UTC)
- Doesn't matter. Under fairuse doctrine we cannot rename anther's work. That's a copyright protection that fairuse does not waive. If some map names from the client already have modified names, we'll have to change them back to the client default.
- As for the permission levels, you may be correct but I have no idea how to set that up. I'm more of an information monkey, and the behind-the-scenes stuff has never been my area of expertise. -- Heaven's Agent 12:56, 11 April 2012 (UTC)
- We should be able to utilize a switch statement, either embedded in the specific template or as part of a general template on its own, to associate each map with the name of the area it represents. -- Heaven's Agent 14:55, 11 April 2012 (UTC)