The known galaxy is more than 100,000 light-years in diameter and consists of billions of star systems. Among these star systems, current estimates suggest there are more than one million inhabited worlds—many of them still unknown.
The art and science of describing the galaxy is called astrography, while the science of observing the galaxy is called astronomy.
Astrographical regions[edit | edit source]
The galaxy is divided in astrographical regions, each containing numerous worlds. At the current time, several planetary systems have been singled out for further study. It is on these worlds that analysts believe the future of the galaxy will be decided.
The confirmed planets in the game are to be found in the following astrographical regions:
- Deep Core with the planet Tython
- Core Worlds with the planet Alderaan, Coruscant and Corellia.
- Colonies Region with the planet Balmorra
- Mid Rim with the planet Ord Mantell
- Sith Space with the planet Dromund Kaas
- Hutt Space with the planet Hutta and Quesh
- Outer Rim with the planet Hoth, Voss, Belsavis, Taris and Tatooine and Korriban.
- Unknown Regions with the planet Ilum.
Sectors[edit | edit source]
The planets of the game are spread over five sectors of the galaxy, according to the galaxy map.
The sectors are: