Star Wars The Old Republic Wiki talk:Village pump
|This is an archive of Star Wars The Old Republic Wiki talk:Village pump. Please do not edit this page.
If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.
Welcome to the village pump!
Videos For Guild Pages and For Other Pages
- I am thinking to add a flash video extension to the site and will let people upload .flv videos. Any ideas about this ? I will be glad and will welcome all ideas. callawey 14:21, 15 December 2009 (UTC)
- I think that this is great idea, it would be quiet useful for the guild section and for fan-created-content on many pages, but I think that adding a youtube video upload would be nice, if not better, since most content is avalible on youtube and fan-created-content is mostly uploaded on youtube. Evrios 02:37, 18 May 2010 (UTC)
- I think an RP forum or category would be awesome for this wiki, it will help people with the wait for the game or being fed more information on the game.--Elitolu 00:26, 25 October 2008 (UTC)
- That is a good idea, however i think setting up a forum will kill the wiki, but we can set it up inside the wiki as a category or a portal like Community Portal. If you want to handle this, i can give you some user rights if you wish. - Callawey 06:49, 25 October 2008 (UTC)
- We dont necisarrily need a forum, but a page where people can add IC bio's for their characters, guilds ect would be a good adition. Look at the swg wikia to see what i mean
- Actualy, i get what you mean, but its too early to make a section for player characters. We can discuss such thinks after the game release. callawey 06:09, 22 June 2010 (UTC)
Taken the liberty of restructuring the 'Planets' section of the wiki. Separating planets that we know will be in the game from the rest in the universe and standardising the Planet Box across them all (except Korriban, which has had a lot of work done on it. I think the template is better but it depends on the rest of the communty). At the moment barely anything has been done on these pages so I'm not too worried about treading on peoples feet, let me know if I go too far.
- On that note, can someone change Main Page's planet link to point to Planets?Rahil 06:23, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
- I changed it, i also give you all permissions on the site, you can edit main page too, regards. callawey 08:52, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
- Cheers, thanks mate Rahil 11:49, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
- As far as direction and long-term thinking for this site, would it not be pertinant to keep planets just to those that are explorable within the game? The galaxy is large, and I don't know how many people are available to actively add non-game related information. Or who are willing... Puccio 18:08, 10 November 2009 (UTC)
- We are just trying to include only in game planets, including all will be too much work and its unnecessary. Including only ingame planets will be much good but if there is a planet about the story and if its not ingame, we can include it too to just give information to the user. callawey 07:56, 11 November 2009 (UTC)
- Ah good. Ok, what I thought and was hoping for.Puccio 12:54, 11 November 2009 (UTC)
- Given the huge amount of information available via the Holonet, how should we utilise that resource? Is it worth copying the planet/class/any future info they release directly to the wiki or just reference it? Rahil 11:49, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
- I guess, we can make it like holonet and can give our own links like planets, classes etc. we already have this informations and still putting infos for them. How you think about it ? callawey 17:21, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
- Yep, makes sense... specially since the Holonet isn't very searchable and organized. As a player, I'd be looking for a wiki-style article rather than the Holonet for quick and in-depth information. --W13 00:37, 30 December 2010 (UTC)
We need to get an idea of what exactly will be included on class pages in order to create some sort of order. I will be going through (28/02/2009) "soon" and adding abilities. Additional ideas (remove "confirmed")
* Confirmed Armament: * Confirmed Armor: * Confirmed Abilities: * Confirmed Perks/Bonuses:
- Can add info from this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=44704 --chillinvillain 13:35, 18 September 2009 (UTC)
- We can wait a short time period too, i guess much information from official will come out with the beta. Our if you want to add stuff from this link, you can go on. I can change the design after that on class page to handle the information much clearly. --callawey 09:14, 30 September 2009 (UTC)
- I separated and labeled the faction differences on the class page. I was going to try and add in the respective images, but am too new to wiki editing to do so. If anyone else wants to do it or could simply tell me how, thanks. Puccio 18:11, 10 November 2009 (UTC)
- Updated all the information that was released for the Imperial Agent. However I did not upload the pictures yet or link them, due to lack of time and knowledge. If no one else gets around to it I'll do it later tonight/tomorrow morning.
- Imperial Agent image uploads done. callawey 16:14, 15 November 2009 (UTC)
Working on the Wanted Pages
While inspecting the list of Wanted pages, that some are based on information that we have no knowledge of from in game but do have a general sense of knowledge from the SW universe (ie: Tattooine). Should we just ignore these pages for the time being and just work on things we know of so far and add accordingly? Or should we start setting up generic pages with miscellaneous information that could be relevant? Puccio 19:30, 10 November 2009 (UTC)
- You can leave them for now like Advancement, if there is not enough information to fill them totally, just ignore them. They will be created after some usefull information, just putting its a xp based information is not looking so good. callawey 07:53, 11 November 2009 (UTC)
- Noted. I know to some people the xp leveling system was a heated debate. What about the controls page? Clean that out and reset it as well?Puccio 12:55, 11 November 2009 (UTC)
- I updated the site with its all core elements. Please report to firstname.lastname@example.org if you find any errors or corruption on design. callawey 21:19, 17 December 2009 (UTC)
Guild Page Templates
- Class Recruitment Status Box. You can edit this box anyway you like, remove the borders or choose the alignment on your guild page.I made this one for my Republic guild, I don't have one with Sith pictures--but if someone wants it I can make it.(Just don't forget to change the status column) General Tavorrik 05:42, 17 August 2011 (UTC)
>Edit: Edited for minor spacing and padding fix. General Tavorrik 05:42, 17 August 2011 (UTC)
Recruiting - Class Status High Low Low Medium
Right now, there are only a few dialog pages, all for Republic. I'm working on Imperial Agent transcripts for my own use, so I'll be able to add some of those pretty soon, but my question is, should I stick only to quests (and choices within those quests) that have light/dark or affection gains? Leave the rest of the missions dialog-less? My completionist heart grieves to see redlinks. XD Completionist 18:44, 22 January 2013 (UTC)