Purpose/Mission Statement[edit source]
Templar is a gaming clan/guild/community with no other intention other than having fun in life, in game, and in general. Templar serves as a collaborative environment for gamers of great diversity. There are no limits for Templar, as it is a constantly changing and evolving community while maintaining its core values of respect, integrity and maturity.
Templar was founded 6-7 years ago in Star Wars Galaxies on the Intrepid server by Mobius, who after leaving Star Wars Galaxies, handed over the guild to Phebos. After a long established time in Star Wars Galaxies, Templar evolved, advancing into several different mmorpgs and first person shooters. Templar is NOT a zerg guild and never plans on becoming one. We have remained fairly exclusive within our membership.
Templar was formed in 2004 in Star Wars Galaxies as a rebel guild by our founder, Mobius. Templar was originally a branch off of a major rebel guild named GLA and was two hundred (200) members strong. In 2006 Mobius and several members of Templar left to World of Warcraft, handing off the guild to our current leader, Phebos. Phebos converted the guild over to an Imperial guild and as Star Wars slowly died, the only remaining members were Phebos, Rourick, Kopf, and Deckatre. The four remaining members left Star Wars, and their most infamous reputation, behind and formed Templar during the closed beta of Lord of the Rings Online.
Lord of the Rings was a milestone for Templar, being one of the most renown guilds on the server and having a strong core. Templar had much strife but with the tenacity of its leadership, it continued to pull through. Kopf remained leader of the Lord of the Rings branch and Rourick, Phebos, and Deckatre left to many other games while Templar remained in a holding pattern for Star Wars the Old Republic after the official announcement in 2008.
Templar had a presence in several games and even at one point, returned to Star Wars Galaxies. Templar has included many of the following games, but were not limited to, DC Universe, City of Heroes/Villains, Final Fantasy IV, Rift, Team Fortress 2, and Left 4 dead 2. With the upcoming game Star Wars: The Old Republic, Templar is pulling together from all branches to collaborate under one name with plans of being an established guild in Star Wars: The Old Republic for a very long time. Star Wars: The Old Republic is scheduled to release in 2011 and all existing branches (excluding the Templar FPS branch) plan on migrating to it.
Templar has gone through several changes in preparation for Star Wars the Old Republic. Adding a council that seats right under the command of the Guild Leader. Creating bylaws, new rules, a mission statement, and aiming for a much more professional guild/community. Plans for alliances, and bringing in both new, and veteran members to the community, Templar will certainly evolve into something new, unique, and fun.
Future Games: Star Wars: The Old Republic
Current Games: Team Fortress 2,
Counter Strike Source,
Left 4 Dead 2
Previous Games: Star Wars Galaxies,
Lord of the Rings Online,
Ever Quest 2,
City Of Heroes/Villains,
DC Universe Online,
Dungeons and Dragons Online,
World of Warcraft,
Final Fantasy IV
The following are a list of rules and Code of Conduct that should be followed by all the Members of TLR|Templar.
- All members are expected to have a sense of humor.
- The membership will respect the decisions of the Council at all times. Officers orders must be obeyed to maintain order within the guild and during raids.
- The Guild Leader and Council will respect the opinions of the members at all times.
- Bad mouthing ANY member or the guild itself in guildchat or on the boards is forbidden.
- If you have a complaint, take it first to that player and if you feel it is serious enough, take it to the leadership.
- All Members are expected to treat their fellow guild Members with respect and dignity at all times.
- No harassing, belittling, stalking or any other behavior that disrupts the guild’s continuity will be allowed.
- Petty arguments and disagreements will not be tolerated.
- All Ranks is any branches of Templar must be resemble the ranks on the website.
- If you are an Officer in Branch X, you will be an Officer in every branch you are considered active in.
- Bad language is not encouraged although understood at certain times.
- NEVER in ooc, shout or other zonewide channels however.
- Avoided in guildchat as much as possible.
- Includes acronyms that mask bad language.
- All Members should also have the same civility toward other non-guild members, unless of course they are worthy of your contempt.
- Kill Stealing is not permitted.
- Cooperation between everyone in the guild is expected.
- All characters at or above the Level of TBD must try and remain visible at all times.
- This is most important for characters above Level TBD to do this to convey a sense of power to other non-guild members performing a /who all "TLR|Templar" on our guild.
- Grouping with fellow Members is always encouraged (Soloing is fine from time to time but an effort should be made to team up with fellow guild members).
- Begging for free items or currency or power leveling (except as stated in 13.) is forbidden both within the guild and without. If you need assistance in obtaining armor or a item that you desire put in a request with an Officer.
- All Members are required to attend a State of the Guild Council Meeting the TBD every month.
- Here you can ask questions of the leadership and make comments, voice concerns, and make suggestions.
- All Officers/Council members are expected to plan at least 1 Raid/Event every periodically.
- It doesn’t have to be a massive undertaking just at least 1 full group to be involved.
- Multiple Officers can collaborate on a raid/event. This includes all planning, setting of groups, and coordination that’s involved.
- They can appoint a Raid/Event Leader or take command themselves in either case the Leader’s instructions must be followed to the letter (Raid Leader should be someone who knows the area well or has researched the area, Event leaders should also do some research).
- Please note that Raids/Events can be suggested by any in good standing in the guild. Contact your Officer.
- Asking for Power Leveling is generally frowned upon. However if the need arises for more of a certain class, the Guild Council may decide upon a person they wish to PL. The person chosen will usually be a long time trusted member of the guild.
- Members in a personal relationship must keep their relationship problems/issues separate from their gaming lives.
- If you have personal problems in your relationship, keep them out of the website, teamspeak, and the game. EX: If you're getting a divorce, we don't want your arguments in our chat.
- All members must be 18 years of age or older.
- The only exception is family members. If someone is under the age of 18, they must be over the age of 13 with a legal guardian in the guild who meets this requirement.
- No Role Playing.
- Sorry to all you role players out there, Templar is not a role playing guild.
- No Tech Support over Teamspeak.
- You are allowed to give tech advice over the forums, but not Teamspeak. This is to prevent future lawsuits.
- If you give wrongful or malicious advice your post may be removed and you can be penalized depending on the circumstances.
- Everything on the website must be Suitable For Work(SFW)
- No Porn.
- Teamspeak is the only place that is considered unrated.
- There has always been an understanding that politics and religion are not talked about over teamspeak.
- All New Members have a 90 day probation.
- If the council sees that you are not suitable for this guild, we will remove you.
- There is an understanding that this guild is a multi-game guild.
- Do not have any form of jealously, or resentment to others that play different guilds. All branches of Templar work together and we are all guild members.
- Rules 1 & 2 of the internet.
- Any person subject to this code (chapter) who—
- with intent to usurp or override guild authority, refuses, in concert with any other person, to obey orders or otherwise do his duty or creates any violence or disturbance is guilty of mutiny;
- with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of guild authority, creates, in concert with any other person, revolt, violence, or other disturbance against that authority is guilty of sedition;
- fails to do his utmost to prevent and suppress a mutiny or sedition being committed in his presence, or fails to take all reasonable means to inform his superior commissioned officer or commanding officer of a mutiny or sedition which he knows or has reason to believe is taking place, is guilty of a failure to suppress or report a mutiny or sedition.
- A person who is found guilty of attempted mutiny, mutiny, sedition, or failure to suppress or report a mutiny or sedition shall be punished by banishment or such other punishment as a guild leader may direct.
- Loot Rules will be placed according to each specific game.
NOTE: These loot rules are under construction for proper phrasing, it is guaranteed that our loot rules will be based off of need-greed-pass for swtor. No one is a loot bitch either
- DCUO: Need for stats only, Greed for the rest. If it is not your role and we are in a raid you must pass. If you win a roll on a piece of loot in a raid that is your role, you must pass on the next roll that is specific to your role. There will be an exception if you are the only person in the raid playing as your role.
- Other branches will have different loot rules, but for now, this seems to be the general rule.
- Ninja Looting any item for any reason will not be tolerated.
- Rules can change without notice
- If you have any questions about the rules, please contact one of the Officers, Council Members, or Guild Leader.
See our website for details.
After you have been accepted, you will have access to our TeamSpeak 3 server.
We thank you for showing interest in Templar, see you in-game!