Guild:Sword of the Republic
Basic Info[edit source]
The Sword of the Republic is an international RP-PvP guild, located on the Progenitor server (EU, English, RP-PVE).
- Leader: Blinvan
- Motto: The guild is casual but dedicated. The members are free to experience the game the way they want to, while still having the option to socialize and participate in events.
- Focus: All Game Aspects, especially PvP
- Recruitment: Anyone who wishes to join is welcome, no matter where in the world they are or come from.
- Website: http://swordoftherepublic.eu (currently under construction)
- Imperial Counterpart: Heart of the Empire
- Respect one another, both guild members and non-guild members. This includes having a mature attitude towards other players.
- While roleplaying, actually roleplay. This means for example: using proper English (no net slang/1337sp34k), talking In Character in /say and /emote, and using a character name that is realistic within the time period and setting of SWTOR. Guild Chat is OOC, you are expected to be IC whilst using /say.
- Nobody forces you to participate in any events; RL comes first, however in the interest of the guild, we would appreciate your participation if you are online at the time. If you always play on your own and never intend to engage with the guild, you won't be staying with us.
- Don't ignore your guildies requests for help. We're here to help each other out.
RP Backstory[edit source]
A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...
Star Wars The Old Republic - Sword of the Republic
It is a time of cold war in the galaxy. Both the Republic and the Empire are preparing for the war to reignite. On Tython the young Jedi Knight BLINVAN CAMLOST senes a disturbance in the Force and prepares for a journey to TATOOINE, where he hopes to uncover the hidden meaning of his unsettling visions...
Long story, short: Blinvan teamed up with an ex-Padawan Smuggler named Jate Lonerider to find a lost Datacron in the deserts of Tatooine. Turns out, the Empire is also after it. After braving many dangers (including Sandpeople) the two sit down in a Cantina in Mos Ila, to celebrate their victory. But the imperial troops ambush them. After a short fight, which turned into a big cantina brawl, the two made haste to the starport, where they found more imperial troops arriving. They quickly board Jate's ship, the Flaming Albatross and escape. This incident showed them that the Empire was on the move and a war between the two great galactic nations was inevitable. They both agreed that the only way to minimize casualties on both sides, was to strike at the Empire's heart quickly and decisively. To that end, they scoured the galaxy for the best of the best and recruited numerous individuals with unique and special talents, to form a new special tactics strike force, also known as the Sword of the Republic.
(NOTE: The backstory is purposefully vague, so that every member has the freedom to create their own backstory, without too many limitations.)
Command Structure[edit source]
Blinvan and Jopas lead the guild. Distinguished members may become event organisers. Members are required to stay active. Recruits will not be promoted to members, unless they show enough dedication to the guild.