The known galaxy is more than 100,000 light-years in diameter and consists of billions of star systems. Among these star systems, current estimates suggest there are more than one million inhabited worlds—many of them still unknown. At the current time, several planetary systems have been singled out for further study. It is on these worlds that analysts believe the future of the galaxy will be decided. Profiles of these planetary bodies are available here.
The art and science of describing the galaxy is called astrography, while the science of observing the galaxy is called astronomy.
Regions[edit | edit source]
The galaxy is divided into six astrographical regions, each containing numerous worlds. At the current time, several worlds have been singled out for further study. It is on these worlds that analysts believe the future of the galaxy will be decided.
- Coreward Worlds with worlds: Alderaan, Balmorra, Corellia, Coruscant, Manaan, Ord Mantell, and Tython.
- Distant Outer Rim with worlds: Belsavis, Darvannis, Hoth, Rishi, and Tatooine.
- Hutt Space with worlds: Hutta, Makeb, Nar Shaddaa, Ossus, Quesh, Voss.
- Seat of the Empire with worlds: Dromund Kaas, Korriban, Oricon, Taris, Yavin 4, and Ziost.
- Unknown Regions with worlds: CZ-198, Lehon, and Ilum.
- Wild Space with worlds: Iokath, Odessen and Zakuul.