|Shadow of Revan has launched!|
- 1 Objectives
- 2 Space Combat basics
- 3 Space Combat Tips and Tricks
- 4 Upgrading your ship
- 5 Missions
- 6 Daily missions
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Video
- 9 See also
- 10 External links
Each space mission has a primary objective, indicated in the objective tracker in the upper-right corner of the space combat screen. You must achieve this objective to successfully complete the mission.
Each space mission also has a set of three bonus quests, which will not show up on the objectives tracker until you make progress on one of them (destroying the first turret, for example). Each bonus quest will reward some XP and credits.
- The first usually involves shooting down a large number of enemy ships, it is generally available immediately.
- The second usually has to do with the capital ships, destroying their turrets, shield generators, engines, etc. This quest usually has a level restriction.
- The third generally involves destroying a large target, such as the bridge of a capital ship. It will be available immediately, but may be difficult if not impossible without higher level ship equipment, such as torpedoes. This quest will only be available once per day per mission. However, the target objective will still give destruction xp every mission, which is usually a significant amount compared to other targets. (e.g. 500xp vs 7xp)
For more information on each space mission's bonus objectives, including what level each becomes available at, see the page for that particular mission. Also, see the spreadsheet linked in the External Links section below for an overview.
Space Combat basics
- Left mouse button: Fire guns. Holding down the left mouse button allows for continuous fire.
- Right mouse button: Fire missiles. Hold down, mouse over a maximum of 4 targets. A blue lock will appear. Release right mouse button to fire.
- Space Bar: Do a barrel roll! Possibly evades incoming fire.
- At Level 50, you get access to Proton Torpedoes. They are fired same way as missiles, except you have to maintain your mouse over the target until you get a lock.
Both the mouse and WASD keys move your ship. However, using the WASD keys allows pilots to target/fire with the mouse. Most pilots find this the most effective method to complete missions. Your ship follows a predetermined course through the combat zone. Usually you have sufficient time to accomplish your primary objective(s).
You have Shields and Armor. Shields regenerate ONLY when the ship guns are not firing. Firing missiles does not affect shield regeneration. A Power Conversion Module is available to level 25 pilots. This device will allow pilots to switch power priority between guns and shields. The particular combat encounter will dictate power priorities as pilots advance in level. However, the best advice is to always "keep your shields up!"
Space Combat Tips and Tricks
- Do not lead your target. The guns are "smart." Just put the target cursor on top of the target and click.
- With level appropriate updates all fighters are dispatched with 2-3 shots. They usually come from behind, turn and fire at you giving you plenty of time to shoot them down. Damage is usually low.
- Turrets deal a lot of damage and take several hits to destroy. Make these priority over fighters during extended missions.
- You can ignore fighters and recharge your shields. You CANNOT ignore turrets, as long as you see any, keep firing regardless of shield status.
- When fighters are coming from ahead, you can see their red dots/trail depending on distance. Fire 4 shots from max range and switch to another target. It will take a couple of seconds for weapon fire to hit, but it will hit and kill it if you aimed right.
- In your first battle you have a limited amount of missiles. If they are needed for objectives, be sure to save some for that. You can buy a starship upgrade with more missiles.
- Whether it is realistic or not, both friend and foe attacks can go through what should be solid objects. For example you can shoot through an asteroid and hit the fighter on the other side. Or you can shoot through a space station and hit a target on the other side. Basically if your targeting reticle is red, you will hit whatever is there. While some might consider this cheating, it should be considered fair gameplay, since the enemy AI will use this against you. For example capital ship turrets will target and shoot at you even if they are obstructed from view. Video example.
Upgrading your ship
Your ship can be equipped with new items just as you are able to equip your companion. Ship upgrades can be purchased from vendors, as well as obtained from characters with the Cybertech crew skill.
There are 10 equipment slots:
- Ship Armor
- Energy Shield
- Shield Generator
- Beam Charger
- Beam Generator
- Missile Magazine
- Power Conversion Module  - lvl 25, 30 Fleet Commendation
- Electronic Warfare Pod  - lvl 35, 90 Fleet Commendation
- EMP Generator  - lvl 45, 150 Fleet Commendation
- Proton Torpedo Tube  - lvl 50, 50 Fleet Commendation
Once you get your ship, you will be able to undertake space missions. They are available from your ship's galaxy map. There are also daily space missions available from the communications terminal on your ship's bridge, which reward Fleet Commendations (can be redeemed for some ship upgrades), along with extra XP and credits.
Operation Searing Light
Operation Noble Gambit
Operation Ardent Wave
 (Hard version of Balosar Outpost)
Operation Glory Cyclone
 (Hard version of Javaal Fleet Action)
Operation Sunder Zero
 (Hard version of Archenar Interception)
Operation Grand Nova
 (Hard version of Pakuuni Defense)
 (Hard version of Makem Te Assault)
Operation New Eclipse
 (Hard version of Hydian Way Blockade)
Operation Echo Quake
Operation Eternal Domain
Operation Molten Splinter
 (Hard version of Cartel Listening Station)
Operation Rising Fury
 (Hard version of Saleucami Fleet Action)
Operation Sweeping Menace
 (Hard version of Nez Peron Sweep)
Operation Raging Dawn
 (Hard version of Skaross Fortification)
 (Hard version of Sarapin Assault)
Operation Ascendant Pride
 (Hard version of Polith Minefield)