Control and focus are the hallmarks of the Jedi Sentinel. Through years of training the Sentinel learns the art of using two lightsabers simultaneously to create an intricate web of damage that is almost impossible to evade.
- Advanced Class: Sentinel
- Role: Melee Damage (DPS)
- Armour: Medium
- Weapons: Dual wield lightsaber
- Primary Attribute(s): Strength, Endurance
- Forms: Shii-Cho, Juyo, and Ataru
- Roles: Close Range Damage Dealing. Wields dual Lightsabers
As with all classes, you will have the option to choose an advanced class after you leave your starting world and join with the Republic Fleet. Selecting the Sentinel class will lock your character into this advance Jedi Knight class for the rest of the game. The Sentinel advanced class fulfills the role of melee DPS; Sentinels are capable of providing temporary tanking through damage reduction abilities but are not intended to function in the tank or off-tank role. The Sentinel is capable of wearing medium and light armors, and the advanced class is distinguished by the ability to wield two lightsaber at once. The most important ability for the Jedi sentinel is strength.
In addition to the basic focus mechanic used by both the Sentinel and the Jedi Guardian, the Sentinel gains an additional mechanic called centering. Centering is is resource that is built in a number of ways and augmented by abilities in each of the tress. At 30 stacks of Centering, additional abilities are opened that consume the 30 stacks and provide powerful passive effects.
- Shii-Cho Form
- Enters a balanced lightsaber form, increasing all damage dealt and reducing all damage received by 3%.
- Basic Jedi Knight form.
- Ataru Form
- Enters an acrobatic lightsaber form, increasing accuracy by 3%. In addition, your successful melee attacks have a 20% chance to trigger a second strike that deals energy damage. This effect cannot occur more than once every 1.5 seconds.
- Ataru is talented from the Combat tree at level 20 and is intended for use with a Combat talent build.
- Juyo Form
- Enters an offensive lightsaber form, causing your melee attacks to increase all damage dealt by 2% for 15 seconds. Stacks up to 5 times. This effect cannot occur more than once every 1.5 seconds.
- Juyo form is trained at level 14 and is intended for use with a Watchman talent build.
General game play
- The Sentinel advanced class is one of four melee classes available in the game; the majority of the Sentinel's offensive abilities are only usable in melee range.
- In addition to offensive abilities, the Sentinel boasts several active and passive defense abilities. Saber Ward provides a flat damage reduction and Rebuke reduces incoming damage while also damaging enemies attacking you.
- Watchman - The Sentinel masters the Juyo Lightsaber form, making him more dangerous as a fight goes on.
- Combat - Allows the Sentinel to master the Ataru Lightsaber form to rapidly dispatch enemies.
- Concentration - Specializes in advanced Force techniques and the Shii-Cho lightsaber form.