|This article is a stub. You can help Star Wars: The Old Republic Wiki by .|
Galactic Starfighter (GS) is the second digital expansion to Star Wars: The Old Republic and was officially announced on 8 October 2013. It launched on December 3rd, 2013 for Subscriber early access with Preferred Status and Free-to-Play access opening in waves.
Content highlights include 12v12 PvP off-rails space combat, multiple battle zones and gameplay modes, custom starfighters and different ship roles, and new ground game rewards.
Release dates[edit | edit source]
Galactic Starfighter is being made available in three waves depending on the player's account status.
Subscriber early access[edit | edit source]
Subscribers gained early access to Galactic Starfighter on 3 December 2013, as well as the following rewards:
- Exclusive Gunship "Daring" Paint Jobs with Early Gunship Role unlock only available to players who were subscribers on 1 November 2013
- Strike Fighter "Valiant" Paint Jobs
- Scout "Valiant" Paint Jobs
- Imperial Battle Ace and Republic Squadron Commander Pilot Suits
- In-Game Titles: "First Galactic Starfighter" and "Test Pilot"
- Maximum leveling and progression
Subscribers also receive rewards listed under the Preferred Status and Free-to-Play sections.
Preferred Status early access[edit | edit source]
Preferred Status players gain early access to Galactic Starfighter on 14 January 2014, as well as the following rewards:
Preferred Status players also receive rewards listed under the Free-to-Play section.
Free-to-Play access[edit | edit source]
Free-to-Play players gain access to Galactic Starfighter on 4 February 2014, as well as the following rewards:
Gameplay modes[edit | edit source]
There are currently two types of gameplay mode available: Domination and Team Deathmatch.
Domination[edit | edit source]
The three control point satellites on the map continually increase your team's score when captured. To capture a satellite, remain close until the visual indicator appears on your ship. Be sure there are no enemy defense turrets or enemy players around the control point, or the satellites cannot be captured!
Team Deathmatch[edit | edit source]
Fight enemy Starfighters in the ultimate test of battle. The goal is simple: destroy the most enemy players. Along the way, you can pick up power-ups to turn the tide of battle!
Battle zones[edit | edit source]
There are two maps that players will face off in.
- Kuat Mesas - Battle for valuable resources in this massive ore mining and shipping complex located in a high-altitude region of cliffs and mesas.
- Lost Shipyards - Defend or attack this critical Imperial starship construction and repair yard, hidden away in an uncharted asteroid field.
Hangar[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Hangar
The Hangar is where players can customize their ships, choose loadouts, and queue for battle. The hangar user interface consists of 5 sections and displays the character's ship requisition and fleet requisition points. The sections are: Ships, Components, Cosmetics, Crew, and Launch.